Whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving it is good to take a step back and look at what you have and be thankful for it – anytime of the year.
Here is my top ten list (in no particular order than what came to mind first) for what I’m thankful for.
- Just being alive – any day I can get out of bed is a good one
- Having a home
- Having a job so I can pay for that home
- Family (most of the time)
- Friends (even those I only “see” electronically – we still love each other)
- That my uncle has a home after living in his car for several years
- Health (even if it’s not the best at times)
- A contract for my book! Whoot! Whoot!
- A sense of humor (too many people don’t)
- The ability to rein in the sudden need to go psycho on certain individuals (keep chanting I love my friends, I love my family I can tolerate one more day of my co-workers)
What gets me through the day – life – is remembering that there is ALWAYS someone who has it worse. No matter how bad you have it – if you are alive – you are better off than a lot of people
Ok I’ll get off my sentimental soap-box now